In this 1962 view of the East Bank office building we see the parade stands which were provided for special needs children
by the Krewe of Zeus – the oldest parading organization in the parish (since 1957) and the first to offer night parades.
Their inaugural run in 1958 included a mule-drawn king’s float. After moving to Veterans Boulevard they returned for
one night, on their 50th anniversary in 2007, to Metairie Road. (Courtesy of the Louisiana Digital Library.)