The House of Lee was opened in 1959 at the 3131 Veterans (corner of Causeway Boulevard) by Chinese immigrants Bing Lee
and Yip Shee Lee (parents of Jefferson Parish Sheriff Harry Lee) who first operated a laundry on Carondelet Street in New
Orleans. This popular restaurant served Chinese and American food “in Chinese Atmosphere” well into the late 20th
century. This location was, until recently, Borders book store.