New Orleans Maps

1937 City Park Golf Course

Unknown Dates
Photo Gallery

A new nine hole golf course completed in 1937 added nine holes to the original course. The Works Progress Administration touted it as offering "Golf the Year Round. This course, in beautiful City Park, is one of the six evergreen golf courses in New Orleans on which play is continuous the year round”.   This diagram shows new and existing holes as they appeared after WPA work as a part of the general improvement program in the park. This course known as “the South Course” was closed in 2005, before Hurricane Katrina. Also shown here are two seperate parcels of McFadden property -- one where Christian Brothers School is now located and another north of the golf course   (NOPL)